The Yat (One) and Only Journey

Wednesday, 19 April, 2006

Have A Good Rest, Mom~

Filed under: Family & Friends — Yatz @ 11:57 pm

Hello everyone..How are you guys today.? Hope all of you are fine and healthy..

I do mean healthy as in your body health..Health is very important to us..No health, no life..

I have been constantly updating my blog entries and stuffs..I guessed most of you guys thought I’m free like there’s nothing to worry about..

Though I’m so free (that’s what you thought), I kept rejecting invitations from friends to join the Hennessy events, clubbings, futsals, and outings in the recent weeks..

Some of you guys already knew the reason why I can’t join and some didn’t..Perhaps you thought I’m just super busy..Brian and Fuzz, thanks for your concern..

You might thought I went clubbing instead of futsal when you guys called me for futsal, and I went to futsal instead of clubbing when you called me for clubbing..

Now, I’m going to reveal the truth and facts here coz the time has come..No more hiding after all these years..

Actually, my mom has been warded in Pusat Perubatan Universiti Malaya (PPUM, beside Petaling Jaya’s Universiti Malaya) for a critical condition on her health..

So, I was there with my family to accompany her, and to give her support..

The health chrono-history might not be correct..At least, that’s what I remembered..

She was diagnosed with breast cancer 8 years ago, in the year 1998, when I’m still in Form 2..

It was the shock of the century when the whole family got to know about it..After some early stage surgery and radiotherapy, we thought all was over cause it was not quite serious at that time..

Few months passed and went for check up again..The evil was back for the 2nd time..

So she tried out some medication and also the chemotherapy (known as chemo), an advanced therapy of the radio-type or something like that..

It was hell when she went through the chemo, because chemo nauseates..And ofcoz, fallen hair..

So she had to buy a wig at that time..I guessed some of my ex-schoolmates did noticed something about the wig..

In the year of I around 1999, the cancer had gotten rid off..So the life had been enjoyable after all the hard times..

Happiness is not forever..The cancer struck again by the time I just finished my SPM, in the year 2001-2002..

Again, she went through chemo for the 2nd time..And becaused of that, I couldn’t work as I replaced my mom to send my sisters to school and back (yeah, I’m the 1st one who got a driving license among my friends, in April 2001, when I’m still in Form 5)..

So I slacked around at home, not even going out with friends, just stayed at home..There I was deserted from my friends like about 4-5 months..

Even the good friend of mine, Ivan (since Primary One), who lives about 6-minutes walk from my house, was in New Zealand to further his studies..

From that time onwards, my PC was my only friend..With the great 56k dial-up connection (at that time), I online chatting with new friends, surfed for porns, and downloaded heaps of MP3s..

After my mom recovered from her sickness after each round of the chemo, I started my Form 6 days in Cochrane..

When I’m in Cochrane, I got to know new friends and began some sort of new life after my secondary school in St Gabriel’s..

Despite of all the hard times that she had, she still drove me and both my sisters to school and picked us up after our schooling hour..

All these went on and on until I’m on the verge to Upper 6, in the late 2003..The condition had worsen when the cancer cells struck her bones..

Tried out another type of medication..A stronger medicine which caused her nauseated even more than the past 2 chemos..

Another cycle of medication gone..Living a normal life again..Fetch us back forth from school..

I finished my STPM..Found a job as sales assistant a.k.a promoter at KL Plaza’s Hytex Studio, Nike outlet in December 2003..

This time around, I began to mix with my ex-schoolmates from St Gabriel’s again..But of course still contacting those I knew from my Cochrane days..

When I was working in Nike, the cancer cells attacked for the 5th time, in around January 2004..

This time it had spread to her nerves or something called limp nods or whatever..Don’t know the spelling of it (what a shame)..

Meaning the previous medication was up to no good at all..We had to resort to a stronger effect of medicine..Stronger effect means higher charge we’ll have to pay for the medicine..

Another cycle gone again..Feeling nausea and all, back to somewhat a normal life, yet again..

In late May I entered TARC, 2nd year of Diploma in Electronic Engineering..

Everything looked normal, but deep in our heart, we knew that it’s hard to be 100% cure from the cancer..After all, she’s already in the late stage of the cancer..

All the medications that she took was just to suppress any future attacks, again..

In the early 2005, it struck again for the 6th time, this time on her shoulder..

Again, she had to get an alternative medication again..Higher charge again for the medication..

In early November 2005, it struck again for the 7th time..It went to the head/skull/brain area..

And that was the time when I almost had an argument with Ms Chia in IDC because I need to take a day leave to take my mom to PPUM for a check-up..

After that, around mid-December, I stopped working in IDC (not because I didn’t clique with Ms Chia) and that time was critical..

My mom suffered a lot back then, and she almost met Hades in the underworld..

She tried out some health product sold by some kinda direct-selling company..

Miracle appeared, and she managed to live on her life and celebrated the Chinese New Year as well, in early February..

Immediate right after the Chinese New Year about a week, she had a serious cough..She coughed non-stop, day and night, and having difficulty to breathe..

The cough has nothing to do with the cancer cells though..With the cough, she became weak, day after day..No appetite at all..

Hence, no nutrition at all to absorb into her body to fight the cancer cells..

After about 3 weeks, she had a check-up..Result showed that her one of her lungs was filled with water..That’s what made her difficult to breathe..

2 weeks ago, she was warded in PPUM to have the water in her lung to be sucked out..

Together with the aid of oxygen equipment (I don’t know what’s that called), she was quite ok for a while..

Now, her body was paralysed-like, unable to move freely, especially her legs..No strength at all..

Today, 19th of April 2006, she just came home after staying in hospital for 2 weeks..

We borrowed a hospital-like bed and also the oxygen thingy from Hospis Malaysia, a NGO health body that helps people like my mom..

All we can do now is to relief her pain and give her comfort before the end of her life..I do know, eventually, this day will come..

We could try Euthanasia so she’ll be freed from all the pain and sufferings, but, we couldn’t afford to lose her..

Furthermore, her birthday and the Mother’s Day is coming soon..Hope she can make it til both that days..

All I can do is just hope that she’ll suffer no more in the end of the day..



Leave a Comment »

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Blog at

%d bloggers like this: